Sunita Ahuja hurls abuses and I take it-Govinda
10:05 AM
Posted by Fenil Seta
HINDUSTAN TIMES (August 11, 2026)
Actor Govinda has responded to wife Sunita Ahuja’s repeated claims about his alleged extramarital affairs, saying he sees affection even in her public criticism of him.
Speaking to ANI, he said, “Itne pyaar se gaali deti hain mujhe, aur main khaata bhi hoon unke haath se... She has a rightful claim over the many children in our family who have now grown up. She was also kind to them.”
However, Govinda also questioned why one needs to “bad-mouth” one’s own people to find success. “There are many things that remain unexpressed, things that can never be put into words. If I were to offer just a glimpse of these matters from the outside, would there really be a need to cast aspersions to create a distance? People often view that as an escape. Is it essential to say bad mouth your own people to gain success? That is a bit easy. Sunita does it tactfully. She offers four words of praise or perhaps the praise comes naturally and then voices a criticism. I see more love in that.”
The couple tied the knot in 1987 and have two children, Tina and Yashvardhan.
--------------------------------------------
Govinda’s remarks come after Sunita, during her recent stint on reality show Lock Upp 2, claimed that he has had multiple affairs. She said, “In love, you should be able to tolerate everything. Chi Chi had so many affairs in his life; well, heroes and heroines do have such things. I think that after standing by Chi Chi for so many years, I deserve to have a son like him.”
This entry was posted on October 4, 2009 at 12:14 pm, and is filed under
. Follow any responses to this post through RSS. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment