Even I want to romance on screen-Suvinder Vicky
3:59 PM
Posted by Fenil Seta

Starring in ‘Awarapan 2’ after several middle-of-the-road films, Suvinder Vicky hopes it will lead to more opportunities in mainstream Hindi cinema
Priyanka Sharma (MID-DAY; August 13, 2026)
Sure, it’s unusual, but Suvinder Vicky’s analogy perfectly captures his recent spate of films. “I am that halwai ki dukan where you’ll get a variety of sweets,” chuckled the actor. The diversity in his films is evident — after Dhurandhar: The Revenge and Satluj, Vicky is now awaiting the release of Awarapan 2.
Directed by Nitin Kakkar, the Emraan Hashmi-starrer is as mainstream as they come, but to Vicky, it’s an “offbeat” movie. He has his reasons. “I haven’t done a musical before. In every project, they put a garland over my character’s wife’s picture [implying she has passed away]. Even I want to romance on screen. Even though Emraan will be doing all of this here, I am at least part of it,” he laughed. The actor is hopeful that Awarapan 2 will lead to more opportunities in mainstream Hindi cinema.
There’s another reason that drew him to the action thriller. “I realized that in this film, I would be seen as Suvinder Vicky. I have donned different looks for my previous characters; I have spent two hours for hair and make-up on those projects. I don’t have much patience for it because the longer the process goes, the more I start getting out of my character’s zone. This film gave me a chance to be seen as who I am. It didn’t require any mental burden to play the role.”
This entry was posted on October 4, 2009 at 12:14 pm, and is filed under
. Follow any responses to this post through RSS. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment