Going from a dancer to lead actor with ‘Bhai Tera Star Hai’, ‘Kill’ find Raghav Juyal reveals he dreams of delivering a R500 crore blockbuster someday
Mohar Basu (MID-DAY; July 18, 2026)

Sixteen years ago, Raghav Juyal was a background dancer trying to make ends meet. Today, he is promoting his first outing as a leading man, Bhai Tera Star Hai, after the success of Kill (2024) and Netflix’s The Ba***ds Of Bollywood (2025). What’s ahead for him? The actor has a clear picture of what his future should look like.

“I want one of my films to do Rs 500-600 crore business. One day, when the credits roll, it should read, ‘Raghav Juyal — Superstar.’ That’s the dream,” he said.

It may be a hard road ahead, but that doesn’t worry him. The road up to here wasn’t easy. “When you’re a background dancer, you’re just trying to survive. I didn’t know whether this industry would accept me. Every small opportunity mattered. So, when I look at where life has brought me today, I don’t take it for granted.”

That hunger explains why Bhai Tera Star Hai, also featuring Sanjay Kapoor, feels important. Vivek B Agrawal’s directorial venture is a comedy, but Juyal insists it isn’t built on familiar tropes.

He elaborated, “It’s got the innocence of Govinda’s films and the madness of Priyadarshan films. I’d say it’s like Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro [1983] meets Welcome [2007].”

Juyal’s character in the movie is driven by delusion. Strangely, he believes that’s also an actor’s greatest asset. “In acting, delusion is probably the most important quality. This industry is full of sharks. If you start believing what everyone tells you, that you can’t do this or you’re not enough, you won’t survive. You have to wake up every day believing impossible things. Sometimes I tell myself, ‘I have slayed dragons’. It sounds crazy, but it keeps you going.”

Later this year, Raghav Juyal will also be seen in Shah Rukh Khan’s Christmas release ‘King’. About working in another Khan production after ‘The Ba***ds Of Bollywood’ (2025), the actor said, “I am grateful to be in this phase. These are opportunities every actor dreams of.”