Dhanush on National Award backlash: "There were better films"
9:15 AM
Posted by Fenil Seta

HINDUSTAN TIMES (July 28, 2026)
Actor Dhanush has finally addressed the criticism surrounding his recent National Film Awards wins. While he received the Special Mention for Captain Miller, it was Raayan (both 2024) winning the Best Tamil Film that sparked widespread debate online.
Speaking at an event on Sunday, the actor admitted that there were stronger Tamil films released that year, but urged people not to overlook the effort he put into making the film. He said, “That year, there were definitely better films than that one (Raayan). The fans of those films expressed their love, and I fully respect them.”
He also recalled missing out on National Awards for acclaimed performances in Adhu Oru Kana Kaalam (2005), Pudhupettai (2006), 3 (2012), Mayakkam Enna (2011), Vada Chennai (2018), Karnan (2021), and Raanjhanaa (2013). “You all told me I’d win again, but I didn’t,” he said.
Requesting people to celebrate his latest recognition, Dhanush added, “Some things simply fall into place on their own, no matter how hard you try; that is exactly how it happened for me. I got the opportunity. Regardless of how the film itself turned out, the effort I put into it was genuine. As a Tamilian, I have received two more National Awards; don’t brush this aside, celebrate it.”
He also quoted actor Ajith Kumar while encouraging his supporters to stay positive: “Just like our Thala Ajith Sir said, no one can defeat you until you admit defeat yourself. What do you say, baby? If you’re bad, I’m your dad.”
This entry was posted on October 4, 2009 at 12:14 pm, and is filed under
72nd National Awards,
Bollywood News,
Dhanush,
Raayan
. Follow any responses to this post through RSS. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment