Neha Maheshwri (MUMBAI MIRROR; July 25, 2026)

Akshay Oberoi is making the most of a rare pause in his packed schedule before diving into a busy second half of 2026. He is on an extensive family holiday covering London, Paris, Ghana, New Jersey, Los Angeles, San Francisco and several other destinations across the globe.

Akshay says, “This trip is honestly my calm before the chaos. As actors, we are constantly moving from one set to another and one city to another, but we rarely get to travel with no agenda other than spending time together as a family. My son Avyaan is growing up so fast, and I don’t want to miss these moments with him.”

His nine-year-old son, Avyaan, has been at the heart of the month-long itinerary. Akshay says, “We keep Avyaan’s interests in mind because he’s nine and needs to stay engaged, but he’s wonderfully adaptable and goes with the flow. We wanted him to experience the world this way because I truly believe travel broadens a person’s perspective.”

Even while on holiday, Akshay doesn’t believe in completely switching off from work. He says, “I don’t think I would ever want to completely disconnect from work because I genuinely love what I do. My wife often calls acting a lifestyle job, and she’s absolutely right. It’s become such an integral part of who I am that I’m always thinking about my work, the films I’m making and the dreams I have for my career.”

The experiences he gathers away from film sets, he believes, eventually enrich his performances. He shares, “Travel has always been deeply therapeutic for me. I love meeting people, trying local food, walking through unfamiliar streets and simply soaking in new experiences. The more you travel, the richer your understanding of life becomes, and that naturally reflects in your work as an actor. Every experience adds something to your craft because, ultimately, life is what an actor brings to the screen.”