Anushka Sharma reveals her comfort food: 'Dal chawal, sukhi aloo ki sabzi'

Onkar Kulkarni (BOMBAY TIMES; September 6, 2024)

Anushka Sharma made a public appearance after a long time at an event in Mumbai. The actress arrived for an exclusive ‘Yes Moms and Dads’ gathering where she interacted with mothers in her first media appearance after welcoming her second baby. At the event, hosted by Slurrp Farm, she opened up about feeling the pressure of being the perfect parent along with her cricketer husband Virat Kohli and teaching gratitude to their daughter Vamika and son Akaay.

Talking at the event, Anushka said, “There is also so much pressure to be like this perfect parent. We are not perfect parents, we will complain about things, and it is ok to admit it to them also. So, they know that you are flawed. Imagine kids having to live up to, ‘Oh my parents are like this’. So, owning your mistakes makes (it easier).”

She also emphasized on managing her children’s growing up years and teaching them how to be grateful of their privileges.

She said, “In my case, I have realized that my daughter is very young. And I don't think I can teach her anything. It is how we lead our lives. Are we showing gratitude to others in our daily life? Are we grateful for the things we have in life? Are we showing that as an example? Do we think this is enough? I think she has picked up on that, I don't think I can teach her anything. For them to learn gratitude, they have to see you being grateful. It is a very selfish space to say that I'll teach my child this and that, you have to be grateful, your child will follow suit. You just have to enjoy their childhood. If you ever see them showing disrespect, they are not showing disrespect, they are just being kids and you can gently guide them. Living by example is the only way to make sure they soak the good things from the environment,” she concluded.

Anushka who was last seen in Zero with Shah Rukh Khan in 2018 also mentioned how she got influenced by her daughter’s healthy routine and now swears by it. Vamika has her dinner in the evening and sleeps quite early. Anushka too followed suit.

About the benefits, she says, “I sleep better that way and feel fresh in the morning, there is less brain fog. So now the entire family does that. Sleeping on time and waking up early works. Kids give you cues. You just need to have space to accommodate that.”

She also opened up about losing out on social life after embracing parenthood, saying, “I can only hang out with people who do the same and these are very few people. So social life, you can forget about it. People invite us to dinner and I am like… You are probably eating a snack at the time people are having their dinner. Someday, occasionally you have to let it go, otherwise people will hate you,” she added.

When asked Anushka to describe herself as a mother, she signed off saying, “I think I am very chill. Lot of people won’t think that I am chill, but yes I am!”