Rahat on his arrest in Dubai: Rumours being spread  by my enemies

HINDUSTAN TIMES (July 24, 2024)

Singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan has dismissed recent reports of his arrest in Dubai, urging his fans “to not trust” the rumours. In a video posted on his Instagram, Khan reassured his followers that the reports about his arrest were fake, stating that he is in Dubai for work.

In the video, he said, “I have come to Dubai to record my songs. All the work on my songs is going great. Everything is fine here”. He added, “I am just requesting my fans to not trust any rumours that are emerging. Aisa kuch nahin hai.”

The Pakistani singer also cautioned his fans, and said, “There is wrong news being spread. I am requesting each one of you not to trust that. Don’t waste your time on such rumours being spread by my enemies. Keep your trust in me. You are my power. My audience and my fans are my power. I love you all.”

Khan’s clarification came in response to Pakistani media reports claiming he was arrested in Dubai following a defamation complaint filed by his former manager, Salman Ahmed. According to a report by Geo TV, Ahmed had lodged a complaint against Khan with Dubai authorities, allegedly leading to the singer’s brief detention for questioning at an immigration centre.

The singer got in a legal dispute with Ahmed after he terminated his services months ago, resulting in mutual allegations.