‘Jitna labour mujhse karwayenge, main utna paisa lunga’
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; July 1, 2024)

Abhishek Banerjee has a packed year with several projects like Stree 2, Rana Naidu season 2 and Vedaa in the pipeline. As the actor’s career has grown, so has his brand value. Ask if he can now demand his price and he says, “I know my worth and I ask for what I'm worthy. I never ask for anything extra from the producers. I decide my fees based on the film’s budget and it depends on a lot of factors, like the number of days I put in.”

With the ongoing debate on the rising cost of actor’s fees, their entourage and the demand for luxuries on film set, the 39-year-old is quick to clarify that he doesn’t make many demands to begin with. Banerjee opines, “Jitna labour mujhse karvayenge, main utna paisa lunga. The rest is all basic. I am not someone who likes a lot of luxury on sets. In fact, I feel that luxuries can make you lazy. I am happy with my basic vanity van and limited staff. I hope I don’t change this, and get sucked into the entire system.”

Further, he adds, “Films working because of an actor’s name ka time ab nahin hai. Now, viewers want good stories and entertainment.”