I never auditioned for  Tiger’s part in SOTY2: Jibraan
Akash Bhatnagar (HINDUSTAN TIMES; July 8, 2024)

Jibraan Khan made his debut as a lead actor with Ishq Vishk Rebound recently, 23 years after starring in Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham as a child actor. Khan had been trying to bag a leading part in a film for a while, and even gave an audition for the Tiger Shroff-starrer Student Of The Year 2 (2019). But, he was rejected for looking ‘too young’.

While it was assumed that he was rejected for Shroff’s part, Khan tells us, “I never auditioned for Tiger’s part. I don’t know why people are saying that. It was always a Tiger Shroff film. I think my audition was for (actor) Aditya Seal’s role. But I used to look younger than them three-four years ago.”

The 30-year-old insists that the ‘looking young’ situation has been following him around for a while. “I looked kiddish, which was not working a few years ago. But now, there is a demand for young-looking men again. If you see my Insta from a few years ago, I had a beard in every picture, because that was the demand. I had to look older because people wanted me to be in the (actor) Varun Dhawan league. But now, they want you to look younger,” he says.