Open to working on TV if I get  good offers: Aahana Kumra

Akash Wadhwa (BOMBAY TIMES; July 13, 2024)

Back to her hometown for professional reasons, actress Aahana Kumra of Lipstick Under My Burkha fame, made the most of her visit. “Even though I was here for a professional commitment, I stayed back for a day and enjoyed the things that I love and miss the most about my hometown,” shared Aahana, adding, “My whole day passed in meeting my old friends and eating the famous dishes of Lucknow. I went to Chowk and Aminabad for some chikan shopping. Then I did some Ganjing and ate Shukla ki Chaat. I also had Sharma ki Chai in Lalbagh and met my best friends Esha and Kunal Punjabi.”

Aahana says she is happy that her favourite city hasn’t changed much in the past few years. “I am happy that Lucknow has maintained its charm and the places that I used to visit during my childhood are thankfully still there. For example, I went to this bookshop in Hazratganj and I could travel back in time and smell my school books. Lucknow does have a modern part to it on the Gomti Nagar side and a lot of my friends were after my life to go there. But agar mujhe mall hi jaana hoga toh main Lucknow ke mall kyun jaati, Mumbai mein jaati? The beauty of Lucknow is its old part.”

Telling us about things on the professional front Aahana shares, “I am shooting for a web series for independent producers, the announcement for which will be made soon. Plus, I have done a film with Purab Kohli and Rajat Kapoor. Things are moving very slowly, the entertainment market in general is moving quite slowly. A lot of shows that are made are stuck because of various reasons.”

Ask Aahana why she doesn’t give TV a try, and pat comes the reply, “I don’t get any calls for TV only. I keep assuming that they don’t want to work with me. What happens is that when the TV producers keep on seeing a particular actor doing only web series they assume that he or she is not interested in doing TV shows, which is not the case with me. TV is a different ballgame and the medium pays an actor well also. Plus, it is consistent work, unlike other mediums. I am ready to do a typical saas-bahu show. I did only one TV show, Agent Raghav, which was many many years ago. I am open to working on TV if I get good offers.”