‘HONOURED
TO WORK
WITH MY
CHILDHOOD
HERO’

Prateik Patil Babbar talks about sharing screen space with Salman Khan; says was waiting for this collaboration
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; July 19, 2024)

This year is turning out to be a fulfilling one for Prateik Patil Babbar. The actor, who walked the Cannes Film Festival red carpet for the first time to witness the screening of his mother, late actor Smita Patil’s film Manthan (1976), is looking forward to another first. He is excited about his collaboration with actor Salman Khan in Sikandar.

Confirming his role, he says, “Though, I have met Mr Salman on many informal occasions over the years, I have never collaborated with him. He is also close to my father (actor-politician Raj Babbar) and my family.”

Prateik adds, “Mr Salman and I shared a close bond when I started out as an actor. I would reach out to him for advice in my mid-20s. I am honoured and excited to share screen space with one of my childhood heroes.”

Meanwhile, Prateik will also be seen in Woh Ladki Hai Kahaan co-starring Taapsee Pannu and Pratik Gandhi. His career trajectory has been interesting, with him prioritising quality over quantity. He adds that his focus has always been good work.

“I am such a hungry actor, and I wish the hunger never goes away. I want to tell stories and live characters. People tell me that if one is hungry, they are on the right track. You have to keep trying, that’s what I am here for... in pursuit of greatness, happiness, and doing what I love,” he wraps up.