Being in love  has changed  me as an artiste: Armaan

Yashika Mathur (HINDUSTAN TIMES; July 22, 2024)

As a performer, this has been a great year for singer Armaan Malik so far. He shared the stage with international artistes such as Eric Nam, Lauv, and more recently, Ed Sheeran. “It’s been quite a hallmark year for me from a live concert perspective, because I have had the opportunity to do something that probably very few Indian artistes have got,” says Malik.

Besides work, things have been great for him on the personal front too, as he got engaged to influencer Aashna Shroff in October last year. Malik says being in love and getting engaged has impacted his music. “Being in love has changed everything for me. When you are engaged, it’s such a big step in your personal life. It is bound to have an impact on you as an artiste,” says the singer.

Malik, who turns 29 today, adds, “When I sing today, I feel every single word. I don’t think that was true years back when I was not with Aashna. The words of my songs have taken a deeper meaning because of my love life and relationship.”

Ask about his birthday plans, and Malik says, “I am a big foodie, so I would have South Indian for breakfast and Italian for lunch. I have planned different things with everyone. So one is with family, one is with friends and one is with Aashna.”