I GET
TO LIVE
WITH
MY BEST
FRIEND
NOW

Back to work in two weeks of marrying Zaheer Iqbal, Sonakshi Sinha calls herself ‘a lucky girl’; says ‘nothing much has changed’ in her life after marriage
Monika Rawal Kukreja (HINDUSTAN TIMES; July 7, 2024)

Sonakshi Sinha and Zaheer Iqbal might have kept their relationship under wraps for seven years, but their recent wedding was all over social media. “I feel everyone has attended my wedding,” laughs Sinha, adding, “In fact, Zaheer and I went to Singapore and at the coffee shop, people were sending us congratulatory messages with pastries. Everyone who came to us and spoke to us was like, ‘Oh, we have seen all the videos from your wedding’, and I was like, ‘Yes, everyone has been a part of our big day.”

The newlyweds just went for a “short and quick” honeymoon and even shared glimpses on social media: “Actually, my bestie had a baby five days before our wedding, so she couldn’t make it. So, we decided to go to Singapore to surprise her and meet the baby.”

The couple got married on June 23. It’s been barely two weeks and Sinha has already resumed work, promoting her upcoming film, Kakuda. “I am happy being back at work,” she says.

Since the two dated for many years, have their lives changed at all ever since they got married? “It’s great and that’s the beauty of it. Nothing much has really changed in my life except that I get to live with my best friend now. And that’s the most fun part. That’s what lovely relationships do, they don’t make you change who you are. He’s lovely. I am a lucky girl,” Sinha smiles.

Sharing a fun anecdote from her wedding, Sinha says how there was never a clear demarcation about guests from the groom’s and the bride’s side. “Zaheer and I were having tu-tu, main-main ki Saqib (Saleem; actor) kiske side se aayega. Ladke walon ke side se ya mere side se,” she laughs, and adds, “We have the same friends, hamare dost itne overlapping hain ki sab party badal rahe the. Ek din ladki wale the, ek din ladke wale the. Pata nahin kya ho raha tha, but we were very happy. We had the perfect wedding.”