Of all her films, mom  allowed us to watch  only Jo Jeeta:  Alaya F

Onkar Kulkarni (BOMBAY TIMES; June 4, 2024)

Alaya F’s mom, Pooja Bedi, has been a part of films like Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar (1992), Lootere and Phir Teri Kahani Yaad Aayee (1993), but while growing up the young actress was allowed to see just one of them.

Alaya shares, “My mother allowed me to see only one movie she has been a part of - Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar. She didn’t let me see the rest because she was so embarrassed by what she had done in them (laughs). Once, on her birthday, I found some footage of one of her other films, and she was so embarrassed that we all were laughing.”

Alaya, who debuted with Jawaani Jaaneman (2020) and has been seen in movies like Srikanth, Bade Miyan Chote Miyan and Freddy, shares that her mom loves watching her on the screen.

She says, “Mom loves all my work so far. The moment she sees me on screen, she bursts out crying. When I am about to come on the screen, I start looking at her because I know how much she tries to hold or control her emotions. She has seen all my movies far more times than I have. In fact, she saw my debut film, Jawaani Jaaneman, 12 times because she would keep taking different groups of people to the theatres to watch it.”