I kept declining offers to avoid being stereotyped, says Rajniesh

Amina Ashraf (BOMBAY TIMES; June 22, 2024)

Dangerous Ishq fame actor Rajniesh Duggal, last seen in a web series alongside Randeep Hooda, has been busy with shoots. After Dangerous Ishq, Rajniesh started taking on new genres to avoid getting pigeonholed. He calls his journey a roller coaster ride of experiences, from modelling to venturing into films in 2008 and television.

He says, “I have learnt to never procrastinate. If I like something, let’s do it. Instead of doing one film a year, I’d rather enjoy playing different parts in television shows, OTT and movies. I still feel like I have so much more to give to the industry. Right now, I want to try different kinds of projects. I won’t say showbiz hasn’t given me a fair chance. Maybe it was my laziness, or perhaps, I was not there at the right place at the right time.”

Talking about being typecast and being offered roles that required bold scenes (similar to the one in the song Mohabbat Barsa Dena), the actor says, “Yes, I started getting similar offers. It took me three to four years to get out of that phase, where I kept declining the offers to avoid being stereotyped. I’ve finally made the decision to not be categorized in that way now. If I were single, or my thought process was different, then I would have probably said yes to them. However, my priority is to balance my family and work life.”

Rajniesh further adds, “I am not against doing intimate scenes. If there is a need for it, I am open to it.”