Trends come back, so I don’t  discard clothes: Anupria

Divya Kaushik & Shivika Manchanda (BOMBAY TIMES; May 21, 2024)

Anupria Goenka, who was recently in Gurgaon to walk the ramp at Times Lifestyle Week, shared how sustainability takes centrestage in her life choices - be it fashion, home decor or everyday life.

Talking about it, the actress said, "I have always been someone who has believed in green living and sustainable fashion. I still have clothes from when I was in Class X. Trust me, those clothes have lasted longer than the ones I got recently because of their quality. Fashion trends keep coming back, so I don't believe in discarding clothes."

While the actress prefers keeping saris as is, she shares that she uses the gotas, motifs and kinaris of old saris for suits. "I love to reuse and upcycle clothes. It breaks my heart sometimes that I can't continue to wear a saree but upcycling it helps gives it a new life. I even got clothes from my childhood upcycled as curtains. They lend a beautiful feeling to the bedroom and reminds me of my childhood," she shared.

Talking about the other green choices, she said, "I make sure not to waste water, paper or food. It is important to cook how much you need and order how much you want. These small changes really have a big impact."