‘DELIVERING AT 41 IS NOT EASY’

In an exclusive chat, actor Aarti Chabria reveals that she delivered a son a month ago, talks about fertility struggles
Akash Bhatnagar (HINDUSTAN TIMES; April 6, 2024)

In a recent revelation, actor Aarti Chabria announced the impending arrival of her first child with husband Visharad Beedassy, a chartered accountant. However, the surprise didn’t end there, as Chabria disclosed that she had already welcomed their son, Yuvaan, on March 4.

“I wanted to share the news when I felt ready. Now, after a month since Yuvaan’s birth, I feel prepared. In the past, I have had a failed pregnancy, that’s why I didn’t want to really talk before time,” explains the Awara Paagal Deewana (2002) actor.

Chabria, who got married in 2019, opted to wait for the right moment to start a family. But she admits, “When you are delivering at 41, it’s not as easy as when you are in your 20s or 30s.”

She also talks about the physical toll of fertility treatments: “People have this impression that yeh to actor hai, iske liye to aasan hai paise deke ho jayega. It’s not like that. My body was getting out of shape; it was reacting badly to different medicines, and I couldn’t cope. And when I gave up (the treatments), I got back my positive pregnancy test. It was so blissful. Being a mum surpasses all else.”