Mujhe apna career dekh ke khud se jalan ho jaati hai, says Avinash
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; April 25, 2024)

Actor Avinash Tiwary is very content with his career trajectory. Recently seen in the sleeper hit film Madgaon Express, the actor asserts that he isn’t insecure of competition or the fact that he is an outsider.

“Mujhe apne career ko dekh ke khud se jalan ho jaati hai. In the last three years, I don’t think any of my contemporaries have worked in such varied projects, with the country’s top producers, like I have,” the 38-year-old says.

“Laila Majnu (2018) is a popular romantic film, while Bulbbul (2020) is liked in the fantasy genre. Bambai Meri Jaan is one of the finest shows in its genre. Why wouldn’t I be envious of the career I am making?” the actor quips.

Point out that he takes up less work and Tiwary explains, “Bambai took four years of my life, then came Khakee: The Bihar Chapter. A web show is like three films. With the work I did, it felt like nine films in a year. I get very selective; there are only few things that excite me.”

Does he feel at home in the industry now? “When people see your work and admire it, they give love and respect. People respect (my work), so I feel a part of this industry a little more. It makes you feel you are one of them,” he says.