I was told to do a day’s work in 30 minutes while shooting for Crew: Trupti

HINDUSTAN TIMES (April 12, 2024)

Actor Trupti Khamkar, whose performance has been praised in the recent Kareena Kapoor Khan-Tabu-Kriti Sanon starrer Crew, has spoken about her not so pleasant experience on sets.

She alleged that she was made to wait till the end of the day, until the lead actors had wrapped up their shoots. “When you are working with a star cast, it’s obvious that first their work will be done. Then your work will start. It used to happen that in a 12-hour shift, all the cameras were on them. I was standing there, memorizing my lines, and then they would leave. Then there would be the last half-hour of the shift left, and I was told, ‘Trupti, how much work has been done today for the film, do it in half an hour.’ Then I was like, ‘Alright, I’ll do it’,” she told Zoom.

Khamkar feels she can take on any challenge after this film. She also claimed no one gave her lines and she had to be alert the entire day so she could be prepared. “I think this was a great learning process. I have a masters degree in theatre... the training you receive on set is different. You have to keep an eye all the time on which scenes you are in throughout the entire day. People won’t give you lines,” said the actor.