How dare I tell my 25-year-old daughter what to do: Chunky
HINDUSTAN TIMES (April 24, 2024)

Actor Chunky Panday has now opened up about his daughter, actor Ananya Panday’s relationship with actor Aditya Roy Kapur. In an interview with Lehren Retro, the Sardar (2022) actor said that he doesn’t mind if Ananya talks openly about her beau.

When asked about his daughter’s openness about her relationship with Kapur, Panday said, “I mean it’s fine. I think she is 25, she is earning more money than I did. She is free to do what she wants. How dare I tell my 25-year-old daughter what to do.”

Ananya and Kapur made headlines last year when pictures of them vacationing together in Spain went viral. The couple have also been spotted at several events together in the past few months.

Talking about Ananya’s film career, Panday also spoke about how they have conflicting views about films. “I am from the old school. Mujhe commercial cinema bahut pasand hai. Mere sabse jyada jhagde jo Ananya ke saath hote hai are where I tell her, ’You need to do commercial cinema.’ She tells me, ‘Papa mein karungi, lekin first let me establish myself as an actor.’ We never thought of all that at our age.”

How dare I tell my 25-year-old daughter what to do: Chunky