ADVOCATING MENTAL HEALTH IS
NOT EASY
Samantha Ruth Prabhu says her fans are interested more in ‘entertainment and fashion’ than her thoughts on mental well-being
Yashika Mathur (HINDUSTAN TIMES; April 27, 2024)

Ever since Samantha Ruth Prabhu shared her struggle with autoimmune condition myositis in 2022, she has been open about her spiritual and holistic healing. From encouraging her fans to focus on their physical health to starting a podcast, Take 20, on mental well-being, the actor, who turns 37 tomorrow, admits that she finds it difficult to get through to her fans in matters other than entertainment.

“I have a fan base that is more interested in entertainment, fashion and make-up. So, to make that transition into health and advocating mental health is not easy. I have to change perceptions and that takes time,” says the Kushi (2023) actor.

But Prabhu is committed to the cause: “It’s closest to my heart. If I can bring about some change even with a handful of people, I’ll be happy, as I believe this is my calling.”

The actor, who will next be seen in Citadel - Honey Bunny, is often subjected to social media trolling. She says, “I’ve reached a place where I can filter out the crap from the good. So, it’s not as hard as it used to be.”

SAMANTHA REPURPOSES HER WEDDING GOWN
Samantha gave her wedding gown a facelift and turned it into a bodycon for an event. She said in a statement, “Originally crafted by my good friend Kresha Bajaj, wearing it re-imagined this way, evokes a range of emotions. This dress has always been special, but now it symbolizes much more. We often tend to assign specific ideas or notions to our cherished possessions, rather than recognizing their true value.”

She married actor Naga Chaitanya in 2017 and they parted ways in 2021.