South actor Vijay to quit  acting after his 69th film

BOMBAY TIMES (February 3, 2024)

South actor Vijay, who officially announced yesterday that he is stepping into politics, has revealed that he plans to quit films to focus on his political career.

The actor, who will be seen in Venkat Prabhu’s The Greatest Of All Time, said in a statement, “Politics is not just another career for me; it is sacred service for the people. I have been preparing myself for it for a long time by studying lessons from many of my predecessors. So, politics is not a hobby for me; it is a deep quest. I want to fully involve myself in it. After completing another film that I have already committed to, without interfering with party work, I mean to fully engage in politics to serve the people. It is my debt of gratitude to the people of Tamil Nadu.”