My hotness quotient is  in the personality that I  carry: Taapsee Pannu

Onkar Kulkarni (BOMBAY TIMES; February 17, 2024)

Known for her intense, rooted characters on screen, Taapsee Pannu recently drew a lot of attention on social media after she posted a video of her in a swimsuit and had netizens talking about her never-seen-before avatar.

Talking about it, Taapsee says, “I am not someone who just wants to bare it all in your face. I am not someone who just turns up in a two-piece, stands there and poses. There will always be a fun element to it. So, the video you are talking about has me in a black swimsuit, coupled with a cool orange jacket, which introduces my fun side.”

Taapsee adds, “I feel my hotness or the sizzling quotient is not in the outfit but in the personality that I carry. So, that should be setting the internet on fire and not the swimsuit (laughs). I have been fit for most of my life. I am very comfortable in my body and skin, and I think it also takes one’s own confidence and ease to make sure a picture doesn’t look sleazy and comes across as something that’s aesthetically shot.”

Ask her if she wants to explore a glamorous role on screen, and she says, “I would love to explore glamorous roles. But it depends on a director who has a vision that goes beyond the conventional. I always thank David sir (director David Dhawan) for that. He had launched me in Chashme Buddoor, where he didn’t make me look glam, but then he gave me a Judwaa 2, despite seeing that I have not really done a glam role. It took a director in him to visualize that I could pull it off. So, it will take a director to think beyond what is obvious to cast me in such a role. It will be interesting for me to do a glamorous role and a new thing for the audience to see me in such a role, too, as they have rarely seen me go glam on screen.”