Imran Khan quit films for his daughter; wanted to ‘fix himself’
HINDUSTAN TIMES (February 8, 2024)

Actor Imran Khan shared he took a break from acting around 2016 because of his daughter Imara, who became his priority back then.

“I had recently become a father and thought, ‘This is valuable. This is something I take seriously.’ I wanted to be the best version of myself for Imara. I decided it was no longer my job to be an actor. Now, I had to fix myself; be at my healthiest and strongest for my daughter,” said The Delhi Belly (2011) actor in a recent interview with Vogue.

Khan elaborated that when his last film, Katti Batti (2015), flopped, he started reviewing what worked at the box office in the last two-three years. “Would I have said yes had they (hit movies) been offered to me? The answer was always no. That clarified something for me,” he said.

Khan and his ex-wife, mixologist Avantika Malik got married in 2011 and welcomed their daughter in 2014. They got divorced in 2019.