Darshan resigns as CINTAA VP, says ‘I know the truth about myself’
Navya Kharbanda (HINDUSTAN TIMES; February 9, 2024)

Veteran actor Darshan Jariwala has opened up about resigning from the post of Vice President of the Cine & TV Artistes’ Association (CINTAA) after a female journalist alleged that he impregnated and subsequently abandoned her. Speaking exclusively to us about the claims, Jariwala asserts, “I am fighting a legal case, I have filed for defamation. CINTAA had nothing to do with my personal case. I decided that I will step down from my post and fight my case alone. I would not like them to be unnecessarily tagged, just like I am.”

Denying the allegations made by the woman, who remains anonymous, the Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani (2009) actor emphasizes, “The allegations on the internet are rubbish. Let the truth come out. The attacks are becoming more and more virulent. I have not reacted on social media and have taken legal steps because that is the correct way to go about it.”

Expressing his concern over CINTAA’s involvement in the matter, he states, “They gave a clean chit to me in December [last year]. They might file for defamation if this escalates.”

Despite the controversy, the 65-year-old refuses to succumb to social media trials. “The negativity doesn’t affect me because I know the truth about myself. I will not join the kangaroo courts being conducted,” he affirms.

Going forward, Jariwala hopes that he can continue to contribute to CINTAA’s welfare. “Every three years, there is a new committee. Once I deal with the matter, I would definitely want to work for the welfare of the association,” he ends.