Janhvi and Khushi are always  emotionally available for me: Orry
Onkar Kulkarni (BOMBAY TIMES; January 9, 2024)

A favourite with the paparazzi, Orry, out of the blue, became hugely popular on social media sometime last year. How? He was seen at almost every B-Town party, hobnobbing and posing with stars, mainly the young brigade of showbiz. For the longest time, the question on every netizen’s mind was – Who is Orry and what does he do? Curiosity around him kept growing, and in a recent interview, his response, “I am a liver” to a question, went viral. Orry talks to BT about his Bollywood buddies, parties and more.

‘A film set is the last place I want to be on’
There were speculations that his ultimate goal is to become an actor. Orry clarifies, “I have zero interest in acting. I did not grow up with dreams of being on TV or in movies. Many of my friends are actors or are becoming actors. It’s not an easy job. You are at the gym, you are at various offices, reading scripts and listening to narrations. I don’t even understand Hindi. A film set is the last place I want to be on. I haven’t even grown up watching too many Bollywood films. However, I just go to support my actor friends. I watch their films. I am a supporter.”

‘An intimate party for me is no less than 100–120 people’
Known to attend and host glamorous parties, Orry says that putting a party is a “business project”. “I have a team that works on everything until 24 hours before the party. Hosting a party is a business project. It is a lot of fun and satisfaction, but also a lot of work. We make sure there are food options for everyone. A party without any decoration is a no party at all! Every party needs to have a theme. Once I hosted a Meet Me On A Monday party, it’s for people who can party on a Monday and can get away with it on a Tuesday. An intimate party for me is no less than 100–120 people,” he shares.

‘Paris Hilton once told me that you should never be at a party beyond 3 am’
Orry can hop across five parties back-to-back before he retires home. And the one tip he seriously follows is the advice he received from Paris Hilton! “Paris Hilton once told me that you should never be at a party beyond 3 am. And if you are at a party beyond 4 am, it means that you are jobless and have nothing to wake up to. I don’t get wasted at a party. After all, I came to have a good time and not fall off a staircase.”

‘Khushi and I grew closer when I was going through a bad phase’
Orry, who has many besties in B-town, says that the first star kid he befriended was Sara Ali Khan. And when it comes to turning to someone for some heart-to-heart conversations, his go-to people are Janhvi and Khushi Kapoor. “The two are always emotionally available for me. A couple of summers ago, when I had hit rock bottom, my friends were by my side. Khushi and I grew closer during that time.”

‘I am sure my friends talk about me, I’d be confused if they don’t’
There are ups and downs in friendships, and ask him if it’s hard to maintain a rapport with his celeb friends, and he says, “Every thick friendship is going to have some problems, and if you don’t vent it out, you are going to hate your friend and explode. I am sure my friends talk about me behind my back too, and I will be very confused if they don’t.”