‘IT HELPS SELL TICKETS AS A SINGER IF YOU ARE A KNOWN ACTOR’
Onkar Kulkarni (BOMBAY TIMES; January 18, 2024)

From playing a sperm donor in Vicky Donor to essaying a woman in parts in Dream Girl 2, Ayushmann Khurrana, as an actor, is known to surprise the audience. Between the hits and misses, highs and lows, the actor says it is important to strike a balance and not get affected by either.

Reflecting on his definition of success, Ayushmann shares, “For me, success is probably the balance between contentment and ambition. It is a hard balance to strike, but contentment is very important. However, you can’t be overtly content; otherwise, you won’t survive. You also have to be ambitious at the same time.”

‘I want to create three singles a year’
Ayushmann Khurrana, who’s also known for his singing abilities and has popular songs like Paani Da Rang, Saadi Galli Aaja and Mitti Di Khushboo to his credit, also wants to constantly explore his talent in the field of music. “I want to create three singles a year. My musicality is supported heavily by my acting. It helps to fill the auditorium and sell tickets because you are a well-known Bollywood actor. It really helps, and that’s why I will always maintain that I am an actor who sings and not a singer who acts,” he says.

‘Writing a film is not easy’
Apart from acting and singing, Ayushmann wants to focus on writing. “I consider myself a part-time writer (laughs),” he shares, adding, “I normally write couplets or songs. Writing a film is not easy, you need to cut off from the world for six months and I normally shoot for a couple of films in that time. I want to shoot two films a year, create music and write more. But as of now, I love what I am doing – which is acting, music gigs and writing shayari once in a while. I am in a happy space.”