Adarsh Gourav is ‘serious about filmmaking’ now

Sugandha Rawal (HINDUSTAN TIMES; January 29, 2024)

Adarsh Gourav might be getting praise from all quarters for his role in Kho Gaye Hum Kahan (2023), but the actor is ready to go behind the camera now.

“I am quite serious about filmmaking and direction. When I was young, I would love telling stories to entertain my friends and entertain my family,” Gourav tells us, adding, “That has been the genesis of my acting career. In the next two or three years, hopefully, I want to make my first feature as a director. I have written a few stories, and I just need to find a good collaborator to help me develop a screenplay. Then I would need to find the right producer. It’s at a very nascent stage, but I’m really excited!”

However, The White Tiger (2021) actor is pretty certain that he won’t quit acting even after turning to direction.

He shares, “I want to act and direct because I can relate to both. I’m capable of doing both at the same time. In fact, I would like to direct myself one day.” 

On the work front, the BAFTA-nominated actor, who’s been a part of projects such as Hostel Daze, an American anthology drama series, Extrapolations, Guns & Gulaabs, is happy about the appreciation he is receiving for playing Neil Pereira in Kho Gaye Hum Kahan.

He is glad viewers noticed his hardwork in undergoing a physical transformation for the role. “When you work on a film, sometimes you know you are making a good film. That is the energy we had on set and it was wonderful. But the final output is never in our control, and getting this sort of response feels quite rewarding,” Gourav ends.