‘I will be a very last-minute bride’
Set to tie the knot in the next few weeks, Meera Chopra shares how she is still hunting for the perfect wedding venue in Rajasthan
Sugandha Rawal (HINDUSTAN TIMES; January 16, 2024)

Actor Meera Chopra is in Rajasthan, scouting for the perfect venue for her wedding, which is slated to take place at the end of February or early March. She’s neither fretting about being late to the prep, nor is dropping any pictures with her groom-to-be.

“The year is starting on a great note for me. When you are getting married, you want to keep your professional life a little aside and concentrate on your personal life. That will be the case for me and I will be paying more attention to that at least for this year,” Chopra tells us.

She continues, “There was never an intention of keeping my wedding a hush-hush affair. I don’t see any reason as to why I should not talk about it. I am happy and I want to tell the whole world about it. It is about finding the right person, and right time, and that is the case for me.”

Chopra reveals that while she was busy with her web film Safed (2023), her family shortlisted some locations in Rajasthan, including Udaipur. “I always wanted a winter wedding as I didn’t want to get married while sweating. My friends in Mumbai used to ask me to get married in Goa, but I was not too keen about it. I wanted to get married in good weather, and there’s no better place than Rajasthan,” explains the 40-year-old ahead of her wedding with her long-time boyfriend.

The Section 375 (2019) actor, who is the cousin of actors Priyanka Chopra Jonas and Parineeti Chopra, is pretty certain that she won’t turn into a bridezilla and would probably be a bridechilla.

“I will be a calm bride. And that’s because I have not started doing anything! (laughs) Once I start doing things, I’ll be very hyper because I’m already too late. Last month I had just been promoting Safed. My parents have already shortlisted everything, I will just finalize them. As soon as it is done, I will be in that [bride] mode. I am more of a last-minute bride. I am sure it will be a different and special experience,” she concludes.