‘Our values & beliefs are the same,  & that’s what matters the most’

Renuka Vyavahare (BOMBAY TIMES; December 6, 2023)

For many, Vijay Varma and Tamannaah Bhatia’s relationship came as a pleasant surprise. Reason? The two actors gained popularity for very different kinds of cinema, and onlookers wondered how the two of them, belonging to different schools of cinema, found a common ground.

Tamannaah is largely known for her glamorous commercial potboilers in Bollywood and South films, while in recent times, Vijay made his mark through edgy characters and unconventional stories.

Recently at an event, talking about the same, Vijay said, “I feel I have a lot to learn from her, and there are so many things that I know that she understands, which perhaps makes her look at things differently. That makes this equation interesting.”

Vijay said, “It’s so shocking and new for people to see these two very different worlds coming together, but between the two of us, we are very similar as people. Our values and beliefs are the same, and that’s what matters the most.”

When asked whether they discuss films when they spend time together, Vijay said, “We both are very hard-working actors and when you approach each role with vigour, you end up celebrating things together. It’s a good feeling to have somebody who you can share that joy with.”

Vijay, who has stunned the audience with his recent performances and has won a huge fan following for his work, said that he is confident of his abilities but has a long way to go. “I don’t feel that I have arrived yet, but I know that I have worked really hard and had a long journey to get to where I am today. So, I am exactly where I am supposed to be and it’s a good feeling. I am in the middle of my journey, and I have miles to go and much more to achieve, so it’s an ongoing process and I am enjoying it. Along the way, I met some incredible people, filmmakers and actors, whom I could collaborate with. It’s been an honour to be a part of stories like Darlings and Dahaad,” he signed off.