JANHVI ON TELUGU
FILM DEBUT:
I FEEL MAIN GHAR
AA GAYI HOON
The actor will mark her debut in a Jr NTR-starrer and calls the new journey “spiritual”, given her mum Sridevi’s connect with south films
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; December 2, 2023)

After creating a splash in Bollywood, Janhvi Kapoor is following in her mother, late actor Sridevi’s footsteps by making her debut in a movie down south. The actor will be seen opposite Jr NTR in director Koratala Siva’s Devara. The 26-year-old is excited about her “first out-and-out commercial role”. “I am having so much fun with it,” she tells us. However, this new journey is also bringing forth emotions and memories about her mother, who worked in several films down south.

“It’s my first Telugu film, so a lot of my time is spent in learning the dialogues as I don’t speak the language. My mum spoke [to us] in Hindi and English at home. But whenever we went to Chennai (Tamil Nadu), more often than not, she would speak in Tamil. I am more familiar with Tamil, than I am with Telugu,” she confesses.

The Bawaal actor shares that working on the film feels like “homecoming”. “I feel ki main ghar aa gayi hoon. Everyone on set feels like my own. I don’t know if it’s because of my intense emotional attachment to mum or if I am feeling attached to her by doing a film down south. It’s spiritual,” says Kapoor.