Makers know the benefit of casting regional film  actors now: Amey Wagh
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; November 20, 2023)

With quite a few good projects such as Govinda Naam Mera, The Great Indian Murder, and more recently, Kaala Paani in his kitty, actor Amey Wagh has made his presence felt in the Hindi film industry in the last couple of years. The 35-year-old, who started out with Marathi projects, credits the pan-India phenomenon for this change. 

“People are looking forward to collaborations [across industries]. They have realized that apart from everyone getting to learn new things, there is also the possibility that the audience might multiply. An actor might bring along his regional fan following for the project, too,” he shares. 

Ask him if there used to be a distinction between Hindi and regional film actors earlier, and he concurs and says he felt the difference in his career, too, But, things changed considerably after the OTT boom. “I am getting offered good roles in both Hindi and Marathi now. I was honestly happy with the stuff I was doing in Marathi. After the lockdown, with the OTT scene opening up, so many amazing offers have come to me. These helped me come out of my comfort zone,” says the Asur actor, adding, “Also, the Marathi audience watches a lot of Hindi OTT stuff. I would be really happy that the people who have not seen Marathi films, through me, get pulled to watching it.”