Vikrant says a film doesn’t do well because of one person
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; November 20, 2023)

Vikrant Massey is riding high in both his personal and professional lives. The actor’s latest film, 12th Fail, has received rave reviews and he is expecting his first child with wife, actor Sheetal Massey. He says, “My heart is full. I couldn’t have asked for anything better. When people walked out [of the theatre], they thanked us for making the film and that’s what matters most.”

As the most popular name in this film, there was a lot of pressure on Massey for the film's performance. However, the 36-year-old didn’t buckle under it and clarifies, “I don’t think the film only did well because of me, the cast was equally responsible. It would be stupid of me to say, ‘I am the only sellable face in the film’. The film’s story was bigger than anyone.”

Having completed a decade in the industry and acted in projects like Lootera (2013), A Death In The Gunj (2017), Haseen Dillruba (2021), Gaslight (2023), among others, the actor is grateful that people are taking a chance on him.

He says, “I have done around 25 films in 10 years. Bollywood is one of the most democratic, robust and progressive communities, but I won’t call it a family. People have given me a lot of support. If they didn’t recognize my talent, I wouldn’t be here. I prioritized consistency [in my career]. The idea was to win people’s trust and not just get their attention.”