‘I have been told to increase Insta followers or I’ll be out of work’
Syeda Eba Fatima (HINDUSTAN TIMES; September 12, 2023)

Isha Talwar, who received rave reviews for her performance in Saas, Bahu Aur Flamingo, has become quite active on Instagram lately. However, it’s not out of the actor’s new-found love for social media but “under pressure”. 

“I have been told that if I don’t increase my Instagram followers, I’ll be rendered out of work,” she tells us, adding, “Now, all actors come with their own algorithm. There are people who buy the blue-tick and followers, who get cast in big projects, while we try to polish our craft and performance.” 

The actor feels that due to the marketing of projects going digital, there’s “pressure to post teasers and trailers”. “[For the makers], trailer drop hone par kitne log dekhenge is the point of concern,” she says.

Talwar, who will be seen next in the web series Indian Police Force, finds being on social media all the time “exhausting”. “If I’m shooting a scene and my manager tells me to put up a post or take a BTS in the middle of an emotional scene, I can’t do that! I did not come to [showbiz] to put pretty photographs of me on Instagram,” she ends.