Rahul Vaidya and Disha Parmar share their excitement and talk about gearing up for the new phase in their lives
Hasti Doshi (BOMBAY TIMES; September 8, 2023)

Actress Disha Parmar and singer Rahul Vaidya’s love story came to light when Rahul proposed to her in the Bigg Boss 14 house in 2020. They tied the knot a year later and are expecting their first baby next month. Disha says Rahul has been the calming factor during her pregnancy. She shares, “We both don’t stress about things, but I was getting a little worked up in these months. However, Rahul has helped me stay calm.”

Disha adds, “Right from the beginning, he has been there for doctor appointments and has been by my side. I’m sure that Rahul is going to be a hands-on dad.”

Rahul is on cloud nine and can’t wait for their little one to arrive. He says, “Disha’s delivery date is coming closer and there are changes happening in her body. The baby’s movements can be felt clearly now and that’s when it hits us that we are going to be parents soon. It is an incredible feeling.”

He further adds, "Each time we feel the baby’s movements, it hits us that we are going to be parents soon. It is such an incredible feeling. We are excited and waiting to see if it’s a boy or girl. If it is a girl, we already have a name in mind. If it is a boy, I’m sure we’ll come up with something nice."

Disha pays no heed to unnecessary advice on social media. She told us, "Yes, I get a lot of advice, but I don’t listen to anyone except my parents and our doctor. The worst advice is on social media where people tell me what to wear and what not to! I don’t pay heed to such comments."

I hope to return to work within a year: Disha
Disha’s show Bade Ache Lagte Hain 3 went off air a few weeks ago. She says, “I managed to work through my pregnancy. I shot for six hours every day and used to get two days off in a week. The production house made sure I was not overworked.”

So, when does she plan to return to work? She says, “I am not thinking about it at the moment, but I don’t want to take a long break. I would like to recover, get back in shape and return to work within a year. I am not rigid about that, let’s see how things go.”