The actress who plays Yamini in Bekaboo said,

Akash Wadhwa (BOMBAY TIMES; August 8, 2023)

Nazar fame actress Monalisa recently visited her favourite city Varanasi with hubby Vikrant Singh Rajpoot. The actress, who is presently seen in the show Bekaboo, shared how excited she was to be in the city.

"I always feel that you do not visit Banaras, but the city calls you. Same was the case with me. I somehow got a calling to visit the city especially Kashi Vishwanath temple with Vikrant, my husband. This visit was more special for me because I was visiting the city and Kashivishwanath Baba in the month of Sawan which is considered to be quite auspicious. The city looked more beautiful also because it was the full moon day and the newly built temple corridor looked mesmerizing," says she adding, "After the darshan, I went to visit my in-laws in Azamgarh. They live in Madiapar village in Atraulia. The best part about this visit was that I had a lot of fan encounters in Banaras where people recognized me and they still remembered me for my role in the TV serial Nazar. Some even enquired about the show's next season."

'I would like to be known as an actress first and then a dancer'
Not many actresses from the Bhojpuri belt are able to make it big in mainstream cinema or on Indian television. However, Monalisa has been one of the few exceptions from the industry. "The tag of being a Bhojpuri actress is still there with me. I don't mind having that tag but with that, people consider you only a dancer. However, I would first like to be known as an actress. For an actress in a Bhojpuri film, her dancing is always highlighted in the movie so woh jo ek acting hai woh kahin peeche chali jaati hai," she says.

'I feel I still have a lot to explore in the field of acting'
However, Monalisa feels things changed for her post her reality show stint. "Things changed a lot for me post I appeared on Bigg Boss 14 in 2020. Somehow I got an opportunity to project myself as an actress from that reality show. Even though I might have done good work on TV but today when I sit back and watch several web series, I feel I still have a lot to explore in the field of acting," she says.

On Bhojpuri cinema
Actors in Bhojpuri cinema are earning so well and we earn a lot of fame from there. The industry is improving but at a slow pace. It will take time for the industry to be at par with other regional cinema.

On embracing motherhood
Vikrant and I are definitely planning to extend our family now. We have just started to plan as we are ready for parenthood. Thankfully, as of now, we haven't faced any medical issues and are trying to conceive naturally.