Mika Singh looks for a bride in the show Swayamvar– Mika Di Vohti

Sugandha Rawal (HINDUSTAN TIMES; August 23, 2023)

It has been a hard few days for Mika Singh, who had to take the “tough decision” to postpone his world tour after suffering from a throat infection. This lead to severe financial losses for the singer.

He had to cancel shows in Malaysia, Singapore, Bali, Thailand and Australia and will reschedule them next year. “We suffered a loss of around Rs. 10-15 crores because the shows were scheduled back-to-back. It was important for me to postpone the shows instead of playing CDs [in the background] or lip-syncing in name of a live show, which many singers do these days. Aaj tak ki saari mehnat, image, respect, sab kharab ho jaati [if I did so],” says Singh, who is in California (US) as his health didn’t permit him to travel back to India.

The Miss You singer is feeling “fit and fine”, will soon begin recording. Also geared up to recover from his loss, he says, “In 24 years, this is the first time I postponed my shows because of my health. I am always very careful and take many precautions, especially for my throat.”

Learning from this setback, Singh says, he “will never add tour spots in so many countries, at one go”. He adds, “I will divide it because it gets tiring and sabka nuksaan hota hai. Rest is also important.”