Govinda now deleted his nuh violence tweet and account said my twitter account is hacked हिंदुओं पर तंज कसकर बुरी तरह ट्रोल हुए Govinda तो डर के मारे डिलीट किया ट्विटर अकाउंट, दी सफाई

The actor has disowned the tweet, which urged for “aman aur shanti”, and said that he hadn’t used the account in a while
Renuka Vyavahare (BOMBAY TIMES; August 4, 2023)

On Wednesday, a tweet from Govinda’s handle, condemning the communal violence in Haryana, went viral, but the account was soon deactivated. A day later, Govinda posted a video on Instagram and claimed that he didn’t post the tweet and that his Twitter account was hacked.

In the video, Govinda said, “Please do not attribute this Haryana tweet to me, as I have not done this. Somebody has hacked my account. I am just doing a complaint to the cybercrime (department) now. I will look into the matter. (sic)”

Talking to us, the actor said, “I don’t even know how these social media things like Twitter operate. I haven’t tweeted for ages. That was not my tweet at all. My account has been hacked and I will inform the Cyber Crime Police so that they can look into this.”

He added, “It’s been 18 years since I quit politics, I won’t slyly tweet to get back into it. This sort of fake news is dangerous as it can lead to people making assumptions about me. Mujhe Haryana mein shows na mile, kaam na mile... maybe someone has an ulterior motive. Logon ko khapta nahi aisa insaan jisko har jagah prem mile. I want people to keep me out of their politics and agendas. Na main kisike politics mein gaya, na mujhe kisika support mila. Meri films ko theatres nahi mile. I have suffered enough.”