‘I have not relied on reviews or awards for  a while now’
Rishabh Suri (HINDUSTAN TIMES; August 20, 2023)

Riding on the success of her OTT debut Dahaad and looking forward to her next, filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Heeramandi, actor Sonakshi Sinha has seen enough highs and lows to take everything with a pinch of salt.

The 36-year-old explains, “If I do my work and people like it, very good. Let’s move on and concentrate on the next thing. I try to give my best shot. And if it is bad, then I know I tried something and it didn’t work out but it doesn’t mean I am going to stop trying. I’ve reached that zone.”

Does she rely on reviews and awards for validation? “I haven’t for a while, actually,” she says, adding that indicators of critical and commercial success often leave her “confused”.

“Some films I was a part of and which did amazingly well at the box office got the worst reviews. I feel certain views don’t represent what the audience feels about a film. I don’t want to go by that and form an opinion. I don’t look at it (reviews) that much,” she signs off.