Neha Maheshwri (BOMBAY TIMES; August 11, 2023)

Veteran actor Puneet Issar’s son Siddhant is all set to debut on Hindi television with Siddharth Kumar Tewary’s mythological show, Shiv Shakti - Tap Tyaag Taandav. He will essay Tarkasur in the show. About venturing into TV with a mythological show, Siddhant says, “You can say that the mythological genre is in my blood (smiles). I started dabbling in theatre at a young age when dad was busy with mythological shows on stage.”

I got to portray Duryodhan, Lord Ram, and Lord Krishna on stage. So, mythological shows come naturally to me. I have been privy to chaste Hindi, Sanskrit, and the body language required in such a show.”

He adds, “Tarkasur is the first negative lead to be introduced to the show. After clearing the audition, I spoke to my dad, who told me that he played the villainous characters in a certain manner and that I should bring something of my own to the table. I want to play the character in an understated manner, and not like the typical antagonist.”

The actor acknowledges there will be comparisons with his father, best known as television’s Duryodhan. He says, “Comparisons are inevitable. However, I will do my best and have my take on it. Today, acting is more about being real. I am fortunate that Tarkasur as a character is different from Duryodhan. Comparisons ho na ho mujhe fark nahi padta. I have an advantage over my dad because of technological advancement, CGI, VFX, costumes, production design, editing, and background music. I just don’t want people to think that I am copying my father and that’s my biggest challenge. I have my tone, individuality, and physicality.”