THREADS OF TRADITION:
CELEBRATING OUR
HANDLOOM HERITAGE
On National Handloom Day today, actor Adah Sharma plays our muse as we pay an ode to the craft that has stood the test of time
HINDUSTAN TIMES (August 7, 2023)

Nothing spells grace like a handloom piece, believes Adah Sharma. “I’ve worn handloom on quite a few occasions. India is blessed to have such an eclectic handloom heritage, beautifully steeped in history and culture,” says the actor, as she exclusively shoots with us for National Handloom Day, draped in an exquisite heritage Banarasi saree.

Sharma has always believed in sustainable fashion. “I don’t wear anything that is animal derived. Even in films, I don’t wear leather jackets or belts. I go for vegan alternatives for the sake of our planet. I think it’s criminal to live otherwise. So, naturally, I’m inclined towards handloom because it is a sustainable, eco-conscious choice,” she says.

Actors can play a big role in inspiring people across the world to embrace Indian handloom textiles, she believes. “I genuinely believe in promoting the cause of handloom. It can help defeat fast fashion and foster love for the environment,” she says.