‘Everyone on set was aware that we are wearing Tarun Tahiliani’
Syeda Eba Fatima (HINDUSTAN TIMES; August 21, 2023)

Amid fashion designer Tarun Tahiliani accusing the makers of the web show Made In Heaven 2 of using his designs without crediting him, Siddhant Karnick, who starred in the said episode alongside actor Mrunal Thakur, has defended the makers.

He tells us, “I can’t really comment on the conversation between the [makers and designers], but I can tell you that when we were shooting, both Mrunal and I and everyone on the set was very much aware that those were Tarun Tahiliani’s designs. There was no intention of taking that credit away from him.”

In fact, the actor adds that he was so enamoured with the outfits that he even thanked the designer on Instagram. “It’s so funny that just before this controversy came out, I had put up a post thanking and complimenting his work,” says Karnick.

Could the chaos have been avoided with just a mention or credit of the actual designer on the show? “Absolutely! I think any artiste who contributes anything [in a show], should be given credit for it. That is the definition of collaboration, right?” he says, adding, “But like I said, I’m also aware the production has been very respectful to every single person who collaborated with the show. So I don’t know how this has happened.”