‘My potential is
being explored
more than before’
Deep Saxena (HINDUSTAN TIMES; July 25, 2023)

He’s busy DJing, producing music, has completed four series along with two films and will be shooting for another soon. Actor Ashmit Patel says that he is in one of the busiest and most gratifying phases of his career.

“People think I am missing from the scene as my last theatrical release was Nirdosh in 2018. On the contrary, I am constantly at something or the other. I have shot for a lot of projects which will be out soon,” says the Murder (2004) actor.

Patel adds, “I won’t call it the best one but definitely it’s a very satisfying phase of my life. There is lot of positivity, resurgence and I am very focused. I fear losing my focus and getting complacent. As it’s now that my potential is being explored more than before so I want to be on my toes.”

He will be shooting his second project in Lucknow soon. “Last, I shot for a web series directed by Mahrukh Mirza back in 2021. It got stuck but now we will be shooting its leftover song in Goa. My next film Archituchchey, to be directed by Avinaash Gupta, is a very interesting story of five friends. Besides, I have just wrapped a series, suspense thriller.”

His film Sector Balakot and tri-lingual film Madrasi Gang too are expected to be released soon. “I am dubbing for an Urdu series Armaan, that we shot in Srinagar. It is for a platform that caters to Urdu speaking audience. And, I have also completed another series Scammy in Jammu.”

Shedding light on his musical endeavours, Patel shares, “I am producing music, remixed versions like recently I came up with Daljit Dosanjh’s GOAT and Main Khiladi Tu Anadi title song. Along with this I am also planning to release an original score. I have been DJing since 2014. A few days back I was in Agra for an event as a DJ. So, lot is happening!”