‘I would rather be the queen of TV industry than do a silly role in films’
Deep Saxena (HINDUSTAN TIMES; July 1, 2023)

After being in the industry for over two decades, actor Narayani Shastri is happy doing television shows. The Piya Ka Ghar actor is content not taking on movies or OTT projects for now. 

“I was never too much into movies, as you don’t know after going to the editing table whether your role will remain or not. You may be left with just one or two lines and end up looking like a fool! On television, I always know what my character is and what I’m getting into. I would rather be the queen of the TV industry than do a silly role in a movie,” asserts the 45-year-old.

Shastri feels the wait for good shows can get daunting at times, “but you can’t help it”. “I have waited for a year to get a good role, as I can’t take up just anything for the sake of working. It’s very tough for a workaholic like me,” she adds. 

After a gap of 15 years, she decided to go for a saas-bahu show that she feels will be a refreshing change. “For the initial period of my career, I did a lot of saas-bahu shows, and then I drifted from them. I’ve done shows with very different flavours to date, as it’s important for me. I have loved playing negative roles in Laal Banarasi, Kkusum and Piya Rangrezz. So, it’s a good change,” she says.