himesh reshammiya songs

Hasti Doshi (BOMBAY TIMES; July 18, 2023)

Himesh Reshammiya on how it is important for an artist to keep evolving. Himesh Reshammiya has been part of the industry for a long time now. In addition to singing and composing, he has also been actively judging singing reality shows. While he is all set to return as a judge in the upcoming season of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2023, he talks about how he believes singers should focus on their overall personalities, too.

He says, “I feel that singers need to be physically fit, in addition to being talented, because it is no longer only about playback singing like it used to be. They are seen and they have to interact with people as well, so they should focus on their personalities, too. For an artiste, it is important to evolve.”

Singing and dance reality shows are often accused of showing too much drama. Ask Himesh about this and he says, “It’s the atmosphere on the set... it’s all natural. Even when I have a bond with someone, it is real. There are family stories and emotional stories shared on stage, but the final voting is always up to the audience.”

The singer recollects when he started off and talks about his love for music. "I became a TV serial producer at 16. Later, I became a composer in films and then a singer and now, I am also acting. I have done 25 to 30 reality shows till date. Music is in my blood and it helps me to reinvent myself each time.”