Aahana: Fans cannot  cross a line
Actor Aahana S Kumra opens up about the unpleasant experience at an event recently
Navya Kharbanda (HINDUSTAN TIMES; May 22, 2023)

A video of Aahana S Kumra sternly saying, “Don’t touch me”, to a man has caught the attention of internet users. The actor reveals that the person in question put his arm around her waist while getting clicked with her, making her rather uncomfortable. 

Recounting the incident, she tells us: “While I was exiting a party, some people came to me to ask for selfies and I agreed. This one guy suddenly put his hand around my waist. I immediately said, ‘Don’t touch me’. I don’t want to be rude to anybody. But this guy had his hand around me and I was like, ‘Hello, I don’t know you!’” 

Kumra, who was seen in the film India Lockdown (2022), feels lines are getting blurred today, largely owing to social media and the accessibility it provides. “People think we’re on social media and so accessible because they see us every day, but sometimes the lines get blurred. They think they know us, but we don’t know them. There has to be a boundary,” she asserts, batting for tighter security at events. 

“When we are called to any event or party, it’s important that our security is kept in mind... There was nobody to cordon off these people (who approached her for selfies). This has never happened to me before; it kind of threw me off. I will politely decline photos now if it’s going to be harassment.” 

But, this isn’t the first time a fan has crossed the line with the Marzi (2020) actor. “Somebody once came into my house with a friend, saying he wanted to narrate a script. Nobody knew who he was; I don’t know who allowed him in. He was sitting in my hall and then we had to call the cops. Later, he accepted that he had just come to meet me. I was scared, what if he harmed somebody in the house?” says the 37-year-old, adding, “People say actors become unapproachable; this is why. You can’t invade somebody’s personal space. You can’t cross that line.”

Aahana: Fans cannot  cross a line