‘I have achieved a lot for my age’
Ammy Virk, who turned 30, says now he has Grammy, Coachella and OScar on his mind
Vinay MR Mishra (HINDUSTAN TIMES; May 11, 2023)

Turning 30 is a milestone enough to be celebrated. However, for actor-singer Ammy Virk there are multiple reasons - his recent hit track, Bollywood debut and Punjabi blockbuster - to celebrate his birthday today.

“The year was good. I was a part of big films, and also did some good projects in Punjab. I have achieved a lot for my age,” says Virk, who is in Goa for the big party.

Quite nonchalant about the number, Virk is rather ‘excited’ about turning 30. “I’m not nervous, just too excited. We will grow old, but I’m just trying to feel young. I believe that if one wants to work in the industry for a long time, they need to have the energy. So if I need to survive in the industry for the next 20 years, then I need to have the energy of a 20-year-old. I continue to have that energy. I hope I continue to do the same, and hopefully God gives me courage,” Virk elaborates.

At this stage of his career, Virk shares that he is also at peace with the way it has shaped up. He explains, “Earlier, I was focused on buying a house and cars for my parents, but now that we have them, I just want to work for my creative satisfaction. I want to do good work. Abhi aaram se kaam karna hai and I need to give more time to my family. I started earning when I was 17. Mere tees saal acche gaye hai. And my mom and dad have always supported me.”

While he continues to believe that the audience’s love is the ‘biggest award’, he does have something else on his mind as well. “I do have Grammy, Coachella and Oscar on my mind. They do mean a lot and give you confidence,” he signs off.