It was surreal to see Salman act: Vinali
S Farah Rizvi (HINDUSTAN TIMES; May 9, 2023)

Vinali Bhatnagar feels that to a newcomer, nothing matters more than getting to work with the right people. And this is why the actor finds herself fortunate to have made her debut with Kisi Ka Bhai Kisi Ki Jaan.

She tells us, “I had been auditioning like crazy and many a time, I would reach the final stage, too. I cleared auditions for the best in the business, but something or other didn’t work out and I had to start from scratch. Films were my only option; I had to try for the right break instead of opting for other mediums. And all the wait was worthwhile as I made my debut with (actor) Salman Khan.”

Meeting the star for the first time, in Bhatnagar’s words, was a “surreal experience”. “We got to do a couple of scenes with him. I remember, when I was shooting my first scene with him, I was totally zapped. It felt like there was a Salman Khan film playing and I was watching it, completely awestruck. It took me a moment to realise that I was also a part of the scene and I needed to act too!” she quips, adding, “Also, I was surprised when he spoke to me about me being from Bhopal and the MP connect we had in common (Khan’s birthplace is Indore, MP). It’s amazing to see how he bonds with everyone on the sets and the way he’s involved in every department.”

The actor, who played Chahat in the film, recalls “getting a call for the film’s audition while visiting a gurudwara”. “I went to the studio the next day and had to go for an audition the very same day,” she adds.

On the film getting a mixed response, Bhatnagar says, “It was a big film and I am happy with the response. Some [films] earn critic reviews while some get public love. I am no one to judge or assess. It was and always will be a dream debut for me.”