Kumar Sanu’s daughter says she ‘self-harmed’ as a teen
HINDUSTAN TIMES (April 27, 2023)

Social media can be both a boon and bane. While it helps one connect with fans at ease, the flipside is the trolling and negativity that comes with it. Singer-songwriter Shannon K has revealed that she, too, once fell prey to trolling.

“I was 14 or 15 years old and I was fresh on social media. So, I was fresh baked to all the trolls who commented anything on me. At that time, I was very naïve and vulnerable, so I took it all very seriously. That was my biggest mistake. It got so much to my head that I went into depression and I self-harmed. It was a very hard and dark phase,” Shannon, the daughter of singer Kumar Sanu, told India Today.

Sanu married Rita Bhattacharya in the 1980s and has three children with her — Jiko, Jassi and Jaan Kumar Sanu. In 1994, he divorced Rita and tied the knot with Saloni Bhattacharya. Shannon K is the singer’s daughter with Saloni. They also have another child, Ana.

Shannon said she is thankful to have had the support of her family during the low phase. “Fortunately, I had my family and friends to pull me out of that darkness. Now, I want to help all others out there who are struggling. I want to tell them that there is light at the end of the tunnel, because I have been through that [tunnel] as well,” she said.