Washed hair with detergent, made coffee using toilet water: Chrisann
The actress, who was framed in a drug case in Sharjah, pens a note after her release from jail
BOMBAY TIMES (April 28, 2023)

Actress Chrisann Pereira, who was arrested at Sharjah airport for carrying drugs that were planted in a trophy on April 1, was released from Sharjah jail on Wednesday. Yesterday, she shared a note in which she wrote that it took her three weeks and five days to get a pen and paper in jail. Talking about her life there, the Sadak 2 actress said, “After I wash my hair with Tide and make my coffee with toilet water, I watch Bollywood movies sometimes with tears in my eyes knowing my ambition brought me here and sometimes I smile at our culture, music and the familiar faces on TV. I feel proud to be an Indian and belong to the India film industry.”

The family’s fight to get Chrisann out of jail gathered momentum after Chrisann’s brother Kevin took to social media to explain how she was a victim of a conspiracy. On investigation, the city Crime Branch discovered that the actress was framed in a bid to seek revenge. The police arrested Anthony Paul and Rajesh Bobhate (also known as Ravi), who have been remanded to police custody till May 2.

Thanking her supporters, Chrisann went on to add, “Mom, dad, Kevin, my relatives, Indian and UAE police officials, churches, media and all those who believed in my innocence — you give me hope. You are the real warriors whilst I am just a pawn in this dirty game played by these monsters. I am forever grateful to every person who tweeted and reshared my story to arrest the real criminals facilitating international organised crime. We are a great powerful nation, and I cannot wait to return home. Thank you for saving my life and the other innocent lives that fell prey to this scam. May justice always prevail. ”
---------------------------------------------
CHRISANN’S RELEASE HAS GIVEN US A FEELING OF LOVE, UNITY AND SUPPORT FOR JUSTICE, SAYS HER MOTHER

Renuka Vyavahare (BOMBAY TIMES; April 28, 2023)

Chrisann’s brother, Kevin, shared a video of his mom Premila Pereira heaving a sigh of relief as she spoke to her daughter. Premila expressed that her only concern was to get her daughter back.

“Without the crime branch unit 10 we would have never been able to file an FIR. I am extremely thankful to them. At one point, it seemed impossible but everything is possible with God, our Indian citizens and people all over the world praying for our daughter. It has given us a feeling of love, unity and support for justice. I want to thank each and every person who prayed for Chrisann and us,” she said.
---------------------------------------------
Nitasha Natu (THE TIMES OF INDIA; April 28, 2023)

Mumbai: Describing the harrowing time she spent in a Sharjah prison after being framed in a drug case, actor Chrisann Pereira said, in a note, that she used detergent for washing her hair and toilet water for making coffee. Pereira was in prison for a little less than a month until she was released on Wednesday. Her note was shared on social media by her brother Kevin. He also posted that the family doesn’t have an exact idea when she will be back on Indian soil after completing legal processes and signing of papers.

Chrisann was jailed on April 2 after bakery owner Anthony Paul allegedly framed her in a narcotics case to get back at her mother over a dispute. Paul has been arrested by the crime branch along with his associate Rajesh Bhobhate, also known as Ravi.

Calling her supporters “warriors” in her note, Chrisann thanked them for saving her life. “Dear Warriors, it took me three weeks and five days to find a pen and paper in jail. After I wash my hair with Tide and make my coffee from toilet water, I watch Bollywood movies, sometimes with tears in my eyes knowing that my ambition brought me here. Sometimes I smile at our culture, music and the familiar faces on the TV. I feel proud to be an Indian and belong to the Indian film industry,” she wrote. 

“Mom, dad, Kevin, my relatives, friends, Indian and UAE police officials, churches, media and those who believed in my innocence-you give me hope. You are the real warriors whilst I’m just a pawn in this dirty game played by these monsters. I’m forever grateful to every person who tweeted and reshared my story to arrest the real criminals facilitating international organized crime. We are a great, powerful nation and I cannot wait to return home. Thank you for saving my life and the other innocent lives that fell prey to this scam. May justice always prevail.”

She signed off the note with, “Love, Chrisy.”

After Chrisann’s detention, her family ran from pillar to post trying to speak to her and find out about the charges against her. In a letter to MLA Gopal Shetty on April 8 seeking his intervention, Chrisann’s parents mentioned that they had been to MHB Colony police and met two deputy commissioners, but no investigation was initiated against Ravi. The family had shared evidence in the form of WhatsApp messages sent to Chrisann by Ravi and a video clip of his meeting with her.

On Thursday, Paul’s bakery, Our Daily Bread, at Borivli’s IC Colony functioned as usual. The staff said the bakery had opened last year and Paul would often sit on a stool inside the premises. They said they were shocked on hearing about his arrest from the newspapers, but it did not have any impact on the shop. They did not seem to be aware of the controversy over the shop’s name which was “borrowed” from a popular bakery in Mira Road.
---------------------------------------------
HINDUSTAN TIMES (April 28, 2023)

Actor Chrisann Pereira, who was framed in a drug smuggling case and jailed in Sharjah (UAE), has been released after a month. She took to Instagram to share a letter with details of the ordeal she faced. “Dear Warriors, it took me three weeks and five days to find a pen and paper in jail. After I washed my hair with Tide (washing detergent) and made coffee using toilet water, I watched Bollywood movies, sometimes with tears in my eyes, knowing my ambition brought me here. I sometimes smile at our culture, our movies and the familiar faces on TV. I feel proud to be an Indian and belong to the Indian film industry,” she wrote.

The Sadak 2 (2020) actor went on to thank her family, friends and those who believed in her innocence, for keeping her hopes alive to get free. “You are the real warriors, while I am just a pawn in this dirty game played by these ‘Mansters’. I am forever grateful to everyone who tweeted and reshared my story. I cannot wait to return home,” she continued, and ended the letter by saying, “Thank you for saving my life and the lives of other innocent people who fell prey to this scam. May justice always prevail.”

The 27-year-old had been framed by Mumbai-based bakery owner Anthony Paul with the help of an accomplice, Rajesh Borate, out of vengeance. The two have been arrested by Mumbai Police.